So, it's been a week since YT went back to the States. I may not have mentioned last time that it was very difficult for her to go back on her own, and arriving at home (after a day or so with my parents) was probably the toughest part. Right after she'd left Taiwan, I found that the worst part was seeing the small things that reminded me of her -- the shirt she'd left on the floor, photos from our first anniversary trip, the jar of Nutella that she'd bought for me, and so on. We'd only been here for a few weeks, so I thought it would be even more difficult for her when she gets back to our apartment -- more memories, and more things to trigger them. As she writes on her blog, that was basically the case. Even the jug of milk was difficult to look at because I'm the one who always eats cereal and uses up the milk. At least she had Oliver to greet her, though, and he didn't hide out of anger or fear as he sometimes does when we've been gone for a little while. (My brother must have done a good job of taking care of him the last few weeks, thanks Chad!).
It took a few days to adjust for the both of us, but I think things are much better now. We've worked out a good webcam-chat schedule, and it does help alot to be able to see and hear the other person. Also, YT had been the only one in the apartment for the first few days, but now that's changed. Her roommate was in Taiwan the last three weeks, and just returned the other night. She is a remarkably good person, very thoughtful and kind, and also did a great job of caring for Oliver while we were gone even though she'd never really been around cats before. So, I know YT is in good company.
There's one other factor that's been helping YT out. She has several friends right now who are separated from their husbands or boyfriends, each for different reasons, so she has a lot of people to commiserate with. In some cases, the situation is worse than YT's, which seriously puts things in the right perspective for her.
So, things are going alright now, and we really don't have that much to complain about, other than web cameras that don't always function well, and the fact that we have to use them.
I hope all is well with you and yours. Till next time, BB
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
A week goes by
Posted by Brian & Yahtyng at 5:06 AM
Labels: BB in Taiwan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment