Saturday, September 29, 2007

Parting

Back to Pittsburgh...though by myself.
Parting from my dear husband and back to the city filled with our memories is worse and more unbearable than I though it would be.


Entering an empty apartment, I miss you, because you were working from home last year.

Sleeping in the middle of the bed, I miss you, because you always sleep on the right side of it.

Being greeted by Oliver, I miss you, because he always greets you first.

Buying a smaller jug of milk, I miss you, because you are the one having cereals every morning.

Feeling a loaf of bread is too much, I miss you, because you love bread more than I do.

Changing a light bulb, I miss you, because I always ask you to do this.

Hiting the chandelier with my head, I miss you, because I always complaint about it to you.

Driving without talking, I miss you, because I always talk to you while you're driving.

Passing by our favorite restaurants, I miss you, because I don't feel like to go there by myself anymore.

Standing by your bike, I miss you, because that's your favorite sport.

Getting sick, I miss you, because you would "buy" chicken soup for me.

Shopping for grocery, I miss you, because I'm used to buy grocery of two.


I'll be alright. At least I'm coming back to the environment I'm familiar with. It just takes time to get used to it.
But even I got used to it, it doesn't mean that I don't miss you. I know parting is difficult for you too, maybe even worse than how I feel now.
But we will get through this and count down together my returning time.

I miss you.

0 comments: