As Brian said, this is "our" blog, so I think I ought to write something too.
There is really not much to say about my life now, though, since I'm spending as much time as I can working on my dissertation. I scheduled a date for my defense (let's not reveal that in case I have to postpone it) and I'm trying my best to finish quickly. So, I'm busy most of the time, but I do feel lonely...even with the company of my wonderful roommate, May, and my always-hungry cat, Oliver. It is nice to have someone that I can talk to and have dinner with everyday. But still, I miss spending time with Brian.
It has been a difficult and stressful time for me to manage my dissertation, parting from my husband, and a little bit of job searching. I'm pretty fortunate that I never really had a sleeping problem before in the past (knock on wood), but I have started to experience difficulty falling asleep in the last couple days. Plus, Oliver has been waking me up really early in the morning by creating all sorts of noise, stepping on my body or rubbing his face against mine because he is starving. The video below pretty much captures it.
In the past two weeks, he has finished his food within an hour or two, and the rest of the night, he has nothing to eat. Does a cat's eating patterns change due to weather?? Maybe he just misses his daddy too much that he turns his frustration into eating (I'm glad that I don't have this problem).
But I'm doing alright. I just try to do my best and try not to worry too much. Nobody says that life is easy....I just have to deal with it. Just hope that the process can be short and smooth.
Well, I got to go....
By Yahtyng
Friday, November 2, 2007
From the wife
Posted by Brian & Yahtyng at 9:51 PM
Labels: Life, School/work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love the video. I can relate to that. Nick does all that stuff, except for the baseball bat. I laughed so hard I almost cried.
Don
I like the video, too. I remember one night Oliver did that to us while we tried to sleep in *his* room. :) His alarm clock must have been set wrong.
Haha, we just proved Roscoe wrong.
- Your cousins
[17:31] Brianskii: can't hear you :(
[17:31] don.brubaker: why is that
[17:31] Brianskii: I do'nt know
[17:31] don.brubaker: I can hear you
[17:31] Brianskii: last time Dad switched the mic from the back to the front
[17:31] Brianskii: and we signed off so we could check the settings
[17:32] don.brubaker: people will just come in and wave to you
[17:32] Brianskii: ok
[17:32] don.brubaker: hi
[17:32] Brianskii: heya
[17:33] don.brubaker: you can laugh!
[17:33] don.brubaker: thanks! Happy thanksgiving!
[17:33] don.brubaker: that's jenna's dog!
[17:34] don.brubaker: sadoie
[17:34] don.brubaker: sadie
[17:34] don.brubaker: can you hear us through the mic?
[17:34] don.brubaker: okay
[17:35] don.brubaker: is that turkey good?
[17:35] don.brubaker: probably not as good as the turkey we had today
[17:35] don.brubaker: mmmmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm
[17:35] don.brubaker: dikshya wants to know whether you can still speak english
[17:35] don.brubaker: hahahahhaa
[17:36] don.brubaker: she's not so quick with the camera concept
[17:36] don.brubaker: (your aunt kathy, that is)
[17:36] don.brubaker: bless you
[17:37] don.brubaker: we're waving at the camera, not you
[17:37] don.brubaker: what?
[17:37] Brianskii: okay, I wasn't sure whether it was comign through or not
[17:37] Brianskii: I was trying to tell mom and dad last night
[17:37] don.brubaker: it's coming through, just very choppy
[17:37] Brianskii: that last weekend I had turkey
[17:37] don.brubaker: we'll read out loud what you're writing
[17:38] Brianskii: turkey wings
[17:38] don.brubaker: OH. goodness.
[17:38] Brianskii: yep, just wings
[17:38] don.brubaker: what did those taste like?
[17:38] Brianskii: turkey
[17:38] don.brubaker: dustin keeps patting his tummy in front of the camera
[17:38] Brianskii: YT's mom said that they love the parts of the chikens/turkey that moves a lot
[17:38] don.brubaker: hahahahhhahaha
[17:39] Brianskii: so, wings, legs, and yeah, (chicken) feet
[17:39] Brianskii: so, since the turkey wings are so popular in the US, they get sold and eaten here
[17:39] Timed out sending message - Please try again later.
[17:39] Brianskii: so, I had a turkey wings and pretended it was T-giving
[17:39] don.brubaker: awwwwww
[17:39] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[17:39] don.brubaker: BAH
[17:39] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[17:40] Brianskii: course, it was sort of lacking in, well, everything
[17:40] don.brubaker: this is dristi's shoe
[17:40] don.brubaker: just so you kow
[17:40] don.brubaker: *know
[17:40] don.brubaker: OH!
[17:40] don.brubaker: dustin had a great joke tonight
[17:40] don.brubaker: we want to share it with you
[17:40] Brianskii: ok
[17:40] don.brubaker: So....
[17:41] don.brubaker: Uncle Don said that in Lancaster, they call Pecan Pie Peeecin Pie.
[17:41] don.brubaker: So, I said, "Does that mean they have Pecan Toms"?
[17:41] don.brubaker: Do you get it?
[17:41] Brianskii: yeah
[17:42] don.brubaker: I KNEW IT!!!
[17:42] don.brubaker: Nobody else got it.
[17:42] Brianskii: I was wondering what 'tom' had to do with pie, but then I got it
[17:42] Brianskii: I got it : )
[17:42] don.brubaker: Their reaction was much better, though.
[17:42] don.brubaker: (It took at least five minutes...)
[17:42] Brianskii: did you get the... "whuuuH?"
[17:43] Brianskii: I told a joke to YT the other day and she didn't get it either
[17:43] Brianskii: maybe I should test it out with you too
[17:43] don.brubaker: ok
[17:43] don.brubaker: that was funny!
[17:43] Brianskii: we were talking about if we have kids, and YT said she liked the name Daniel
[17:43] Brianskii: but, then she said Hello Kitty's 'boyfriend' is named Daniel
[17:44] Brianskii: and so she wouldn't want to name him Daniel becuase she'd always think of Hello Kitty
[17:44] Brianskii: and I said, "yeah, plus I don't want to have kittens for grandchildren"
[17:44] Brianskii: thank you!!
[17:44] don.brubaker: We get it!
[17:44] Brianskii: I had to explain it
[17:44] Brianskii: it would have been more clear if I'd said' hello kittens' but, didn't think of that at first
[17:45] don.brubaker: What are you up to today?
[17:45] Brianskii: last day of classes for the quarter
[17:45] don.brubaker: Fritz says to get on AOL IM.
[17:45] Brianskii: so, we're watchign a movie
[17:45] Brianskii: actually, I usually use MSN
[17:45] don.brubaker: Say Hello!
[17:46] don.brubaker: HAHAHAHAHA You have classes!
[17:46] Brianskii: yeah
[17:46] Brianskii: everyday
[17:46] don.brubaker: Yeah, she looks a lot like Jenna right now...
[17:46] Timed out sending message - Please try again later.
[17:47] don.brubaker: she just woke up from a nap
[17:47] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[17:47] don.brubaker: she just woke up from a nap
[17:47] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[17:47] Brianskii: ah I get it
[17:47] Brianskii: sorry, it took a while
[17:47] don.brubaker: wait did you get that message?
[17:47] Brianskii: yeah
[17:47] don.brubaker: it keeps telling me "general failure delivering message - error"
[17:47] don.brubaker: that's why i typed it twice
[17:47] Brianskii: oh
[17:47] don.brubaker: ... not because you were slow in getting it
[17:47] Brianskii: I got it twice
[17:47] Brianskii: ok
[17:47] don.brubaker: cuz i typed it twice
[17:47] don.brubaker: ok
[17:47] don.brubaker: i get it
[17:47] don.brubaker: get it?
[17:47] don.brubaker: i think i get it
[17:47] don.brubaker: wait...
[17:47] don.brubaker: what?
[17:47] don.brubaker: i get it
[17:47] don.brubaker: okay
[17:47] Brianskii: well, the first time I didn't think it was a joke
[17:48] Brianskii: haha
[17:48] Brianskii: so, though I got it twice, the first time I didn't really 'get it'
[17:48] don.brubaker: wait it wasn't a joke, she really did just wake up from a nap!
[17:48] don.brubaker: ooooooooooooooooo okay
[17:48] Brianskii: oh wait
[17:48] Brianskii: I didn't get the nap part
[17:48] don.brubaker: OH
[17:48] don.brubaker: are you talking about how she looks like me (JEnna)?
[17:48] Brianskii: I got the 'yeah she looks a lot like Jenna now..."
[17:48] don.brubaker: oooooooooooooooh
[17:49] don.brubaker: hahaaaaaa that makes sense
[17:49] Brianskii: that's what I got twice
[17:49] don.brubaker: ummm roscoe wants to know how to make comments on your blog because he reads it but can't figure out how to write comments
[17:49] Brianskii: I think she looks like Yahtyng
[17:49] don.brubaker: yessssssss
[17:49] don.brubaker: she tends to morph qutie a bit
[17:49] don.brubaker: *quite
[17:50] Brianskii: anyone can leave comments, but I guess I have it set to 'approve' them first
[17:50] don.brubaker: he couldn't figure out even how to comment in the first place, i think
[17:50] Brianskii: at least, it doesn't happen automatically
[17:50] Brianskii: oh
[17:50] Brianskii: I'd have to check. I think there's a 'leave comments' link at the end of each entry
[17:50] don.brubaker: he CLAAAAAAIMS he looked, but
[17:51] don.brubaker: ...
[17:51] don.brubaker: roscoe's blind
[17:51] Brianskii: no, it's a small link
[17:51] Brianskii: small text, I mena
[17:51] Brianskii: mean
[17:51] don.brubaker: "like what, point two font?!???" - roscoe
[17:51] Brianskii: yeah
[17:51] don.brubaker: "i might just be blind. tell him i tried though." - roscoe
[17:51] don.brubaker: he tried though - jenna
[17:51] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[17:52] Brianskii: thanks!
[17:52] Brianskii: I like to know that people are reading it : )
[17:52] don.brubaker: "he tried though" - jenna
[17:52] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[17:52] don.brubaker: some of my messages aren't going through
[17:52] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[17:52] don.brubaker: some of my messages aren't going through
[17:52] don.brubaker: your wifey is telling you you need to go
[17:53] Brianskii: well, soon
[17:53] Brianskii: I just looked at the blog, just click on the part that says "0 comments"
[17:53] Brianskii: I know
[17:53] Brianskii: well, it's really great to see everyone though
[17:53] don.brubaker: he says he tried to click on it, it wasn't a link
[17:53] Brianskii: better than nothing
[17:53] don.brubaker: but we'll try it in a bit
[17:54] don.brubaker: yeah! we're really glad we got to talk to you/see you!
[17:54] Brianskii: ok, weird
[17:54] don.brubaker: dristi is blowing bubbles for you!
[17:54] Brianskii: what, Jenna's blowing bubbles?
[17:54] don.brubaker: hang on a second,dustin's trying to get a family picture of yahtyng with you on the computer
[17:55] don.brubaker: okay he got the picture
[17:55] don.brubaker: thjen he tried to show it to you
[17:55] Brianskii: I could just tell that it was YT
[17:55] don.brubaker: it actually turned out!
[17:55] don.brubaker: yaaaaaay
[17:55] Brianskii: yaay!
[17:55] Brianskii: I'll post it on my blog
[17:55] don.brubaker: okay dustin will send it to you
[17:55] don.brubaker: "woo-hoo!" - dustin
[17:55] Brianskii: : )
[17:56] don.brubaker: so, yeaahhhhhhhhh...
[17:56] don.brubaker: we're going to try out your blog right
[17:56] Brianskii: ok
[17:57] Brianskii: yeah, I should get going pretty soon
[17:57] don.brubaker: oooookaaaaaaaay
[17:57] don.brubaker: dustin says to tell you that the cool kids skip the last day of school
[17:57] Brianskii: yeah, well, I've given up on being one of the cool kids long ago
[17:57] Brianskii: plus, I want to go swimming after class
[17:57] don.brubaker: so have we
[17:58] don.brubaker: (given up on you being one of the cool kids)
[17:58] Brianskii: ah geez, thanks : )
[17:58] Brianskii: oh yeah, I was going to say something like, with the picture, now there's more proof that YT & I are married
[17:58] Brianskii: not just switching families
[17:59] don.brubaker: YES
[17:59] don.brubaker: well there's a picture of roscoe and i, but that doesn't mean we're married...
[17:59] don.brubaker: wait were you laughing at my comment?
[17:59] don.brubaker: wait
[17:59] Brianskii: yeah
[17:59] don.brubaker: you seemed to laugh right before i sent the comment
[17:59] don.brubaker: we were confused
[18:00] Brianskii: I don't know, just laughing cause you all were laughing
[18:00] Brianskii: then I got your message and laughed some more
[18:00] don.brubaker: you have a new comment on your blooooooooog!
[18:00] don.brubaker: who are you talking to?
[18:00] Brianskii: yaaaay!
[18:00] Brianskii: my mom-in-law
[18:00] don.brubaker: "brian you have to leave because my cousin is waiting for you" - YT
[18:00] Brianskii: I got the reminder
[18:00] Brianskii: yep, pretty much
[18:00] don.brubaker: didn't you get the memo?
[18:01] don.brubaker: come over and hang out
[18:01] don.brubaker: skip school
[18:01] don.brubaker: we just switched subjects like three times, sorry
[18:01] Brianskii: brian, 時間快到了
[18:01] don.brubaker: &^%&^%&%^& ???
[18:01] don.brubaker: "brian, time's up"
[18:01] Brianskii: yeah, "time to go"
[18:01] don.brubaker: but YT can't translate what i wrote for u
[18:01] don.brubaker: s
[18:02] don.brubaker: it means "what da heck man???"
[18:02] Brianskii: oh yeah, I could almost make that out
[18:02] don.brubaker: well clearly
[18:02] don.brubaker: bless you
[18:02] don.brubaker: "okay go" - YT
[18:02] Brianskii: thanks, it's a bit chilly
[18:02] don.brubaker: "no, stay!!!" - dustin
[18:02] Brianskii: a little less than 70
[18:02] don.brubaker: "yeah!!!!" - everyone else except YT
[18:03] don.brubaker: har har
[18:03] don.brubaker: send that chilliness over here please
[18:03] don.brubaker: what, K?
[18:03] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[18:03] Brianskii: I don't suppose that helped
[18:03] don.brubaker: 70 degrees what, K?
[18:03] General failure delivering message - Error Number: 503
[18:03] Brianskii: okay, I should go
[18:03] Brianskii: have to brush my teeth and get stuff together
[18:03] don.brubaker: okay don't get cavities
[18:04] Brianskii: Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
[18:04] don.brubaker: good job brushing your teeth!
[18:04] don.brubaker: YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOO!
[18:04] don.brubaker: happy turkey-wing dayyyyyy!
[18:04] Brianskii: uh, yeah.
[18:04] don.brubaker: he's tryinhg to get dristi in the camera but it's just switching from me to dustin and back again
[18:04] Brianskii: maybe I'll go to Subway and have a turkey sandwich
[18:05] don.brubaker: awwww
[18:05] don.brubaker: yummy
[18:05] Brianskii: ok, I really ahve to go
[18:05] don.brubaker: yaaaaaaay YT is gone, now you can stay!
[18:05] don.brubaker: alright
[18:05] don.brubaker: FINE
[18:05] don.brubaker: it was great talkkng to y ou, have a good day!
[18:05] Brianskii: may not be able to brush my teeth : )
[18:05] don.brubaker: GASP
[18:05] Brianskii: yeah same here!!
[18:05] Brianskii: kidding
[18:06] Brianskii: happy T-day!!
[18:06] don.brubaker: oh good
[18:06] Brianskii: thanks to you all
[18:06] don.brubaker: to youtoo!
[18:06] don.brubaker: and to you too!
[18:06] don.brubaker: byeeeeeeeee
[18:06] Brianskii: bye
[18:06] don.brubaker: ("phhhbbbt" - dristi)
[18:06] Brianskii: she looks lieka doll!
[18:06] Brianskii: cutie
[18:07] don.brubaker: she IS a doll! haha, dristi's sleeping in the other room, we tricked you
[18:07] Brianskii: I mean, Dristi
[18:07] Brianskii: she's very life-like
[18:07] don.brubaker: ummmm it's a moving doll
[18:07] Brianskii: ok, I really have to go
--Roscoe
(i learned how to leave comments) :D
Post a Comment