Monday, April 19, 2010

39W

今天是39週的最後一天
也就是說明天就是我的預產期 (4/20)
一直以為我會比預產期早生
因為兩個姐姐的小孩都是比預產期早一到兩個禮拜生
加上爸媽3/30就到達Pittsburgh
就所幸的在預產期前一個禮拜開始請假
順便陪爸媽到處走走
沒想到他們已經來快三個禮拜了
我家的小Bu還是不肯出來跟大家見面

Today is the last day of my 39W, which means tomorrow is my due date. I always thought I would have this baby before my due date because my two sisters had their babies about 1-2 weeks prior to the due date. In addition to my parents’ arrival in the end of March, I took a week off before the big day to spend more time with them. Who knows…our little Bu is still happy inside mommy’s tummy.

我這個人本來就不擅長等待
這一個禮拜在家裡已經悶的發慌了
每天也盡量安排至少兩三個小時的活動帶爸媽出去走走 (買東西居多)
雖然還是有斷斷續續的在寫我的研究計畫 可總覺得提不起勁
我看我還是不怎麼適合當米蟲 注定是一生勞碌命吧

I’m not very good in waiting (Brian knows that pretty well). I’ve grew tired of waiting during this week-long off. I tried to schedule 2-3 hr activity for my parents everyday (mostly shopping) and also work part-time on finishing my grant, but I still felt certain level of weariness. I guess I’m not quite a material for being a long-term couch potato (who is??) and would probably work one way or another all my life….sighs.

不知道為什麼我沒有像姐姐和媽媽一樣早生
或是因為我生第一胎的年齡都比她們大
或許因為我兒子是半個白人….所以這招不管用
或許因為大家希望他出來的時間都不一樣…所以他confused
不過可以確定的是
現在大家都非常期待能夠早點見到小Bu
因為萬一過了預產期太久 要催生就不大好了
I don’t know why I didn’t “inherit” the “early labor” gene. Maybe because I am older than my sisters were when they had their first baby; maybe because my son is half Caucasian, so this “gene” doesn’t work; or maybe because he got confused about when to leave the womb since everyone has different agenda. But one thing is for sure that everyone is very looking forward to meeting him. I would not want to see this little boy being induced by medication.

小 Bu是個愛動的小baby
尤其是去看醫生或照超音波的時候
幾天前因為沒怎麼感覺到胎動 馬上很擔心的到醫院做了fetal monitoring
果然 才把監視器都還沒裝好 小 Bu就動個不停
害我這個做媽的覺得有點小丟臉

Little Bu has been an active baby, especially at the doctor’s visit. I didn’t feel much of his movement a few days ago and doctor wanted me to come in right away to do fetal monitoring. And of course, he started moving like crazy even before nurse finished strapping the monitor on my belly. It was a bit embarrassing.

親愛的小Bu…..你就快點出來吧 大家都很期待和你見面喔
Dear little Bu, please hurry up!! Everyone is very looking forward to meeting you!!!

0 comments: